A lot of parcels have been arriving at my house. My kids always ask me what's in them and I always say I CAN'T TELL YOU IT'S NEARLY CHRISTMAS. Even the ones that aren't for Christmas, And then I get I fright because it's nearly Christmas. I have a lot of plans and a gift for procrastination. Each one of my kids has asked for a handmade thing this year, well two did and I told the other one they had to pick something because I have to buy and/or make gifts in threes or things will come horribly undone. I also have pile of hessian bags to freezer stencil - you remember when freezer stencils were cool? - and garland/s to crochet and a picture book to finish illustrating and a cardigan for a wee girl born this week to knit and a small illustration commission to finish and my own cardigan to finish and crackers for Christmas lunch to make and all the other things I wrote down somewhere but can't remember. This may not end well.
But it will generate a lot of attractive photos for the blog, so that's a thing.
Actually, I don't think I made a list. So here's my list.
THINGS TO MAKE FOR CHRISTMAS IF I DON'T RUN OUT OF TIME BUT I'LL PROBABLY RUN OUT OF TIME, I USUALLY DO:
- Little Cotton Rabbits' Christmas Stocking decorations for the annual Christmas Eve decoration gift, one for each child.
- Baby Tea Leaves cardigan for baby Lucy, HI LUCY YOU'RE SO CUTE.
- Little crochet garlands kind of like this one, for the sari Christmas tree I bought to put on my kitchen bench. Kind of not Christmas-y and kind of I don't care. Also kind of don't know if I'm going to make one or many just yet. Stay tuned, If you can handle the suspense.
- Finish this picture book. Shame on me that it's not yet done.
- Fingerless mittens for Eilidh. She gets cold and she loves wearing stuff I made her.
- Socks for Nathan. I know, socks. But he's actually kind of excited.
- A Burger Cat. Don't have a photo for this one, but it's a knitted cat/burger hybrid that's kind of halfway between a cushion and a toy. Iona wanted it. How can one refuse a request for an Burger Cat? I'll show you when it's done. Oh, how we'll lol.
- Freezer stenciled burlap bags and a baby boy's t-shirt. That sounded so much more attractive in my head.
- Wrapping paper. Well not the paper. I bought a big lot of brown craft paper and I'm going to write all over it, or something equally as lame awesome.
*doesn't remember the rest so quickly changes topic...*
Today was Everyone Has An Exam Day and so we celebrated/commiserated with a cronut. We'd been looking forward to it all week, the love child of a croissant and a donut sounded okay by us. Turns out, they're really not all that. Sometimes life is about handling our disappointments.